Tissue Culture Services
Our Tissue Culture lab designs and protocols introduce the benefits of sterile micropropagation and genetics-management into ordinary commercial cannabis operations in an efficient, economical, and scalable way.
Tissue Culture Lab Services
CKC can quickly deliver and expertly set-up a Tissue Culture lab at your facility.
CKC’s Tissue Culture Labs and protocols enable our clients to receive new genetics, “scrub” and rejuvenate existing portfolios, and relilably produce viable, pathogen-and-pest-free starts for the cultivation lifecycle.
Our Tissue Culture services are customized to your enterprise goals. We can provide short-term “pop-up” solutions or establish facilities and operational workflows that will cornerstone your cultivation lifecycle.
Clients looking to start a new facility (or reset) with new healthy disease-free plants start here.
CKC installs a temporary container and provides the expertise required to take initial cuttings from the client’s genetic library through the Tissue Culture and micropropagation processes. The end result: a sterile set of the client’s selected genetics, in the form of healthy Moms + Clone starts.
- Design and build temporary TC Lab container and transport to site.
- A CKC representative on-site, working in the Lab to run the client’s chosen plant genetics through the TC process.
- At the end of the engagement, CKC will remove any Tissue Culture-related equipment (hood, tools, etc.) and will leave the client with a sterile container full of processed, pathogen-and-pest-free Moms + Clone starts.
Following the Tissue Culture process, the Client will use conventional cloning methods for its on-going operational propagation. SOP’s, equipment lists, Tissue Culture IP, and process training are not included in this service offering.
Enterprises seeking a long-term, permanent solution for Tissue Culture operations start here.
CKC designs and installs a Tissue Culture Lab at the client facility, and then provides Tissue Culture training and materials while priming the culturing process and establishing a first clean round of plants to populate the client facility.
- Design and set up of Tissue Culture Lab.
- Operation of the Lab to prime the culturing process and establish a first clean round of plants for client’s operations.
- Documented SOP’s, training protocols, and detailed Tissue Culture formula recipes.
- On-site training of client’s staff by a certified CKC representative.
- Strategy and design for conversion of the lab into the permanent facility (this includes developing a detailed, phased plan with relative culture schedules).
The fully-functioning lab space is the property of the client, and may be utliized at other facilities with or without help from CKC.
Key Challenges in Today’s Business Environment
- Nearly all licensed cannabis growers utilize traditional methods of cultivation either growing plants from seed or via cloning methods.
- Typical loss rates from these methods range between 20-30% due to factors such as pests, disease, uncontrolled environmental conditions and general viability
- Traditional cloning methods require large amounts of space to store mother plants
- Genetic degradation through repeated cloning produces lower quality cannabis over time
CKC’s Tissue Culture Practice
- Provides multiple solution options for your future Tissue Culture lab
- Can support temporary or long term needs in a cost effective manner
- Brings proven methodologies, formulas and technology to the table
- Helps reduce costs and improve profit margins in Cultivation facilities
- Increases facility capacity by reducing space required to house Moms/Clones and converts it into usable canopy
- Provides a basis for new revenue streams by:
- Enabling clients to sell clean starts to clientele
- Establishes a basis to clean and store genetics for outside clients requiring a clean gene bank for their strains
Our Value Propositions
- Improved Plant Health – 100% guarantee of viability on delivery – eliminating the risk of introducing pests, disease and other pathogens typically encountered in cannabis cultivation facilities
- Reduced Costs Associated with Integrated Pest Management – by using clean genetic starts, only preventative bio-controls vs. expensive pesticides will be required in cultivation facilities
- Increased Productivity – use of space and diversity of genetics will dramatically improve a cultivator’s ability to reduce costs and generate revenue by increasing allocation of Clone/Mom dedicated space to Flowering space
- Improved Time to Market – cultivators will be able to quickly adapt their in-cultivation portfolios to address changing market demands, improving time to market for genetics maintained as pathogen-and-pest-free tissue culture starts
- Premium Products – products created from cannabis tissue culture starts will be marketed at a premium due to their consistency, quality, predictable performance, and the consumer’s preference for reliably pathogen-and-pest free cannabis