About Calyx King Consulting
Calyx King Consulting is the cannabis industry’s premiere operations-oriented consulting partner. We support our client partners from Seed funding to Sale and are planted and grown in Seattle, Washington.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Calyx King Consulting (CKC) has worked with clients across the US as well as internationally. With practices focused on Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Functional and Systems Design, Tissue Culture, and Licensure, Regulatory Compliance & Community Relations, we are truly a full-breadth consulting firm.
We are rapidly expanding our operations management engagements, in a variety of locations, and seek qualified individuals with a keen interest in exploring the cannabis industry. Those with the ability to work for short-, mid-, and long-term engagements at client facilities and who have qualified experience in cannabis horticulture, consulting, and client service are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Horticulture Lead Consultant
The Horticulture Lead will have a varied number of direct reports based on the size and sophistication of the client’s production operation. They will be responsible for the implementation of facility SOPs: oversight, management, and success of the operation from seed to packaging. Ultimately, this will mean familiarity and comfort with the entire lifecycle of the production operation.
- Schedules and maintains all plant and plant related operations from cuttings and clones in the propagation phase, through vegetation, flowering and hand-off to Extraction Operations
- Develops and maintains Integrated Crop Management (ICM) and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program and procedures; administers growing regime; develops tea and dressing recipes; selects supplies and amendments for use in the process and registers them on the Approved Supplier List on file with the operations management staff.
- Maintains daily operations such as nutrient schedules, watering, harvesting, etc.
- Responsible for crop rotations through different growing stages
- Accountable for all batch numbering of plants in compliance with documented company policies and procedures.
- Prepares weekly inventory reconciliation reports for all plant and waste products.
- Personnel Management for production staff of up to 40 people.
Cannabis Horticulture Mastery
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including:
- Integrated Pest Management
- Drying and Curing
- Knowledge of cultivation related technologies, such as lights, irrigation, fertilizer, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of cannabis cultivars and their unique growing demands
- Client service oriented – willing to do what is right for the client – always
- Basic qualification to work in a cannabis-business licensee, including sufficiently clean background in case “true party of interest” qualification is required.
- Self-motivated and able to handle steep learning curves.
- Managerial skills and character appropriate to responsibility for the success of the growing operation.
- Ability to collaborate with all parts of the enterprise operation management.
- People management skills, relating to employees, able to delegate and manage
Administrative & Logistics
- Project management skills and the ability to develop and manage tactical plans that align to the overall strategies of the production operation
- Ability to manage people and understand scheduling logistics
- Strong documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Familiarity with financial planning and operational logistics, including resource allocation and cost-benefit analyses.
- Computer & IT skills, including standard office productivity software
How to Apply
Send all application inquiries and requirements to Info@calyxking.com with ‘Lead Horticulturist’ in the subject line. Please include:
- A cover letter providing us with some narrative background on your experience and interest;
- Your résumé detailing past education and work experience;
- Any other materials you deem pertinent to the position or the requirements (i.e., periods of availability, relocation considerations, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.