About Calyx King Consulting
Calyx King Consulting is the cannabis industry’s premiere operations-oriented consulting partner. We support our client partners from Seed funding to Sale and are planted and grown in Seattle, Washington.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Calyx King Consulting (CKC) has worked with clients across the US as well as Internationally. With practices focused on Strategic Planning, Management Consulting, Functional and Systems Design, Tribal Partnerships and Tissue Culture – we are truly a full breadth consulting firm.
We are rapidly expanding our Tissue Culture Consulting Practice in Seattle and seek qualified individuals with a keen interest in exploring the cannabis industry. Those with a background in and focus on horticulture, biochemistry, consulting and client service are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Tissue Culture Lab Technician
CKC is seeking a Tissue Culture Lab Technician with experience in mycology and comprehension of biology, biochemistry and/or horticulture sciences. Successful candidates should possess a willingness to understand the cultivation process and growth lifecycle of the cannabis plant. In addition, this individual must be willing to work and learn in a lab environment both under direction of Senior leaders as well as independently. This is an entry-level, part-time position with room to grow.
- Create, follow and maintain Standard Operating Procedures related to cannabis Tissue Culture technology
- Prepare and track solutions and reagents
- Assist in the planning and execution of experiments
- Quickly and effectively interpret directions into appropriate and efficient actions
- Order and track laboratory supplies
- Keep the lab clean and organized
- Maintain and repair equipment
- Prior Laboratory experience
- Demonstrated experience and interest in mycology and cannabis
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Attention to detail, highly organized and work independently as part of a collaborative team
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management to deliver enterprise-level projects
Hours: This is a part-time contract position with flexible hours. This position may lead to full time work and/or client project engagements.
How to Apply: Send all application inquiries and requirements to Info@calyxking.com with ‘Tissue Culture Lab Tech’ in the subject line. Please include: Your résumé detailing past education and work experience as well as a cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.